Saturday 31 August 2019

Publications, August

August was an intense and heavily concentrated month all writings this month at AIER and Notes On Liberty. Almost exclusively financial history, money and bitcoin!

Notes On Liberty: (see all my posts here)
  • [1] 'On Translating Earnings From the Past', I illustrated the troubles all economists and economic historians are faced with: how do we show how much a certain sum (income, wage, price) was really worth in the past? Measuringworth.com is a great resource, but be aware of what you're comparing and getting at. 
  • I started a new series that I manage at Notes, 'Financial History to the Rescue', where I attempt to show how a lot of monetary writing on bitcoin does a very poor job in its generalized claims for monetary change. Not to mention erroneously invoking monetary/financial history. The impetus came from the very inspirational debate between Saifedean Ammous and George Selgin at the Soho Forum at the beginning of this month. A few days after the debate, the deep dark corner of the cryptosphere descended upon me. That was fun. Two pieces on Notes: 
American Institute for Economic Research (all my pieces here)
Overall, a pretty successful months! It seems like September has some pretty exciting things in store, which I'm definitely looking forward to.

6 comments:

  1. I m so glad to visit this blog.This blog is really so amazing.Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All thanks to Elegant loan firm for helping me secure a loan of $1,000,000.00 USD to establish my Foodstuff supermarket business in different places. I have been looking for financial help for the past four years. But now, I am completely stressed free with all the help of the loan officer Mr Russ Harry. So, I will advise any person who seeks funds to improve his or her business to contact this great firm for help, and it is real and tested. You can reach him through- Email --Elegantloanfirm@Hotmail.com-  or Whats-app +393511617486.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.fixingservicecenter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.fixingservicecenter.com/page/service-center/samsungservicecenter

    ReplyDelete